Having split or split ends, also known as a stye, occurs when the ends of the hair open, this occurs because the protective cuticles are weakened by various circumstances, such as when the hair is dry, lifeless and poorly hydrated. It is possible to remove the stye from the hair without losing its length, but it is necessary to maintain the hair carefully and take into account the situations that may damage it.
What causes stye in hair
The stye of the hair can appear for several reasons, either by subjecting it to situations that mistreat it or by lack of information on how to prevent it from being damaged easily. Some of these causes are:
· Environmental pollution can cause damage that is difficult to repair in the chemical structure of the hair follicles, therefore the hair looks dull and lifeless.
· Constant and direct exposure to sunlight, living in a place with very dry or humid climates and even the wind, seriously affect the natural production of sebum that is responsible for protecting hair.
· Chlorine from swimming pools and saltpeter from sea water can negatively modify the natural chemical makeup of any hair.
· Devices such as dryers, flat irons and curling irons work with heat, which is used directly on the hair fibers, causing dryness, especially at the ends.
· Although it is true that brushing hair keeps it healthy and shiny, doing it the wrong way can weaken it, and therefore make it brittle.
And despite the fact that many people think it is a myth, diet has a lot to do with hair health. Fortunately, there is the right diet to keep your hair healthy and shiny. Try to consume these foods and acquire the necessary nutrients to keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
Best home methods to remove stye from hair
Thus, constant exposure to the sun, the continued use of irons or dryers, as well as harmful chemicals are some of the main causes of split ends. These are some of the best methods to remove a sty from your hair without losing length:
Half a very ripe avocado and two tablespoons of olive oil should be mixed in a container, both are beaten well until a homogeneous paste is formed. It is applied over the entire surface of the hair, covered with a cap for about 15 or 20 minutes, removed with very cold water and then washed as usual.
It is easily obtained in health food stores, and you should only apply a little to the tips of the hair and then comb it to taste, it should not be removed, because the properties of the oil must penetrate well into the hair follicles and repair it little by little.
Honey from bees to eliminate the stye
Honey contains many properties that nourish the hair, leaving it soft and shiny, a good idea to repair damaged ends is to replace the conditioner with fresh honey. After shampooing, the honey is left to act for about 5 minutes and is removed with plenty of water.
Papaya and yogurt
To remove the stye from the hair with papaya, blend a whole small papaya and a cup of yogurt, this mixture should be applied only to the scalp, not all of the hair. It is left to act for 30 minutes and then it is removed with plenty of cold water, without using shampoo or conditioners.
8 ways to remove stye from hair without losing length
1. Use a good shampoo. In the event that you must be exposed to the sun frequently, it is wise to use one that has sunscreen.
2. Never leave out the conditioner or the masks, it is important to use a suitable one according to the type of hair you have.
3. Do not brush the hair when it is still wet, and avoid combs with very short teeth and close together.
4. Avoid as much as possible frequent use of hair dryers, straightening irons or curling irons.
5. Eat in a healthy and balanced way, in addition it would not hurt to take a vitamin complex.
6. Wear caps and hats if hair must be exposed to very hot or very cold weather.
7. Cut it out at least every two months.
8. Try different natural masks to give it more hydration.
How to prevent hair ends from splitting?
If you are already working on your hair to eliminate the stye, or if you want to prevent it, follow the following tips to avoid seeing that dry and unattractive texture appear that makes your hair look sad and dull.
Brush wisely and correctly
Choose the type of brush you use first, but wisely - for daily brushing, choose a padded brush with flexible bristles. This will work with your hair to detangle with ease. Be careful - hard plastic brushes and bristles will pull and tear your hair if used for normal daily brushing on knotted hair.
Gently brush through your ends first, then slowly work your way up to the midsection. In a final blow, you can brush through the entire length of your hair.
Shampoo only on the scalp
Don't bundle all your hair in a large pile on top of your head. Let the hair hang normally and simply thicken the shampoo on the scalp, and then let the ends of your hair experience the "second hand lather" while you rinse the shampoo.
Condition your ends
Always use conditioner. Make sure to apply the conditioner directly to the ends of your hair, and then give it a couple of minutes to absorb. When you rinse your hair, do not rinse completely, but do not leave too much.
Don't scrub and rub all of your hair with the towel. Instead, towel your hair and just squeeze out different areas to get the moisture out.